I've been handling car accident cases for a long time and one way I've seen insurance adjusters make things difficult for my clients is by accepting fault for an accident out of pure, unadulterated laziness. In a lot of cases, while working out property damage claims, the adjusters will come to some consensus where one person is 15% liable and the other is 85% liable. The adjusters will pay the property claims based on their fantastical liability attribution.
They shouldn’t. Those numbers are nonsense.